My First Fish Angler Program
Do you remember the excitement of catching your first fish? The thrill of reeling in that big one all on your own and proudly showing off your catch to whoever you were fishing with, whether it was a parent, grandparent, a family member or a friend. The Northern Ontario Sportfishing Centre wants to celebrate this memorable once-in-a-lifetime accomplishment with the next generation. The NOSFC introduces the My First Fish Angler Program, a program designed to recognize the achievements of young anglers. Have your child, grandchild, niece or nephew submit their first catch and they will receive an honorary crest and certificate from the NOSFC!
My First Fish Angler Program Rules and Regulations:
1. Junior Anglers must be 12 years of age or younger.
2. The First Fish is not species or size specific. Walleye, Northern Pike, Bass, Muskellunge, Lake Trout, Perch and Sunfish; All qualify.
3. The qualifying fish must be the first fish ever caught by the young angler and the young angler must catch the qualifying fish solely by themselves.
4. Program dates for the My First Fish Angler Awards Year will run from November 1 to October 31st of the following year.
5. Fish must be caught by angling and in accordance with regulation of the Province of Ontario. Lake specific regulations do apply.
6. Eligible anglers must be fishing the lakes in the Lake of the Woods region.
Non-resident anglers must be staying or residing at Lake of the Woods establishments or properties.
7. Details of fish must be submitted individually on an official entry form within 30 days of being caught.
8. To qualify, junior anglers must have a witness and/or picture. Those entries not eligible, or without a witness signature, or not abiding by season or species specific regulations will be disqualified.
Fill out the form online or Download and send it in.